Footwear Research Centre
It is a worldwide research and testing unit for shoemaking materials, technology and design. The centre offers a wide range of services not only to world-famous footwear brands, but also to beginning entrepreneurs in this area.
Newly accredited Shoe Testing Laboratory makes it possible to take care of footwear comprehensively under one roof, thanks to which it is possible to test physico-mechanical properties of footwear materials and products.
The centre has already started employing young scientists together with experienced technologists. This connects scientific and research work with practice. The transfer of acquired knowledge from the field of basic research into practice is provided within the university through the Technology Transfer Centre (CTT).
This newly established shoe centre will also offer opportunities to work on projects aimed at shoe design and construction.
The shoe industry is awaiting fundamental changes in technology and materials. The new centre is ready to make a major contribution to these changes: to place Zlín back to the map as a shoe town, to link footwear research to practice and support young promising designers and established footwear companies. This is the goal of the newly established Footwear Research Centre at Tomas Bata University in Zlín, which is incorporated into the University Institute.
- Accredited Shoe Testing Laboratory according to ČSN EN ISO / IEC 17025: 2018
- Development of new footwear materials and technologies
- 3D and smart technologies
- Technological and material innovations in line with footwear trends
- Innovative design solutions
- Special shoes – diabetic, etc.
- Opportunity for further education in the footwear sector