The University Institute (UNI) was established pursuant to the Decision No. 2 taken by the Academic Senate of Tomas Bata University in Zlín (TBU) on 24 June 2003.
Legal status: University department – a component part of a public higher education institution, namely TBU in Zlín.
In compliance with Article 3 of the TBU Statute, the UNI carries out technology transfer, educational, scientific, research, development and other creative activities, in particular the following:
- Creates conditions for efficient and effective cooperation between TBU and the industrial sphere, municipalities, regional administration authorities, national and international organizations and institutions on in the field of research, development, innovations and technology transfer.
- Supports R&D, creative and innovation activities carried out by TBU employees.
- Creates conditions for provision of intellectual and industrial property protection,
- Creates conditions for the establishment and development of innovation companies focusing on the implementation of new technologies, competitive products and services.
- Carries out supplementary activities by means of using the potential of the UNI in the sphere of project, R&D and creative activities organized in compliance with the Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education Institutions and on Alterations and Amendments to Other Acts (Higher Education Act), as amended (hereinafter referred to as “Act”) and with the TBU Statute.
- Carries out, supports and organizes other activities in compliance with Article 3 Paragraph 5 of the TBU Statute, and that within its competences and capacities.
- Participates in the implementation of accredited degree programmes at TBU.
The organizational structure of the UNI involves:
- Office of the Director of the UNI
- Centre of Polymer Systems
- Technology Transfer Centre
- Other specialized component parts established in accordance with the needs related to the performance of activities of the UNI
The management structure of the UNI is composed by the Director of the UNI, Chief Financial Manager of the UNI, Director of the Centre of Polymer Systems, Director of the Technology Transfer Centre and other senior executives listed in the relevant TBU internal regulation issued by the Director of the UNI in compliance with 6 Paragraph 3 Letter d) of the TBU Statute.
In compliance with the relevant decision taken by the Director of the UNI, advisory boards and working teams are established at the UNI as required by the current situation.
The advisory body to the Director of the UNI is the UNI Management Board composed of: